Hope is the Cure

I wish I’d said the sky was still blue
Even though you saw only clouds
To show you all life’s bright colours
That would’ve washed out your doubts

I wish I’d shared every rainbow
Every promise of anchored hope
Then maybe you would’ve endured
And found a better way to cope

I wish I’d shared a positive thought
For every negative thought you spewed
That would have cancelled them out
And not let your anger be chewed

I know if I had shared more hope
Then things could’ve been different
You wouldn’t have lost your will
If only I’d not been so ignorant

I wish I had known the poison within
That bound you captive and sad
If only you had seen life’s hope
Life wouldn’t have seemed so bad

For hope is the cure that you need
That gives you the strength to fly
No matter how rotten life can get
Hope helps us not to quit or cry

No comments:

Post a Comment