In my Daddy's Name

Daddy, your grandson is growing
His full name will be yours
My stomach is now showing
Which my husband adores

We will have the son we’ve longed for
Who we hope will be just like you
Though you aren’t with us anymore
I’m sure in heaven you always knew

His name will carry on your legacy
We can’t wait to speak it out loud
His birth always felt like a prophecy
To have a son will make us so proud

Will he have your curly brown hair?
Will he have your grey-blue eyes?
He has been an answer to prayer
God has surely heard all my cries

Please give me a sign that you are there
When I give birth to your grandson in April
Show me that you can see and still care
Please send me some help in an angel

When he’s been born and delivered
And blessed to be carrying your name
We will see that your life is honoured
And your good name will always remain

No comments:

Post a Comment