Left Wishing

I wish I had said how much you matter,
And how important you were to me.
I wish I had made more time for you,
Instead of my excuses not to be free.

I wish we had made more memories,
Instead of reminiscing about the past.
I wish I had known what lay ahead,
That life’s years melt away so fast.

I wish I had opened my heart more,
Or showed you how much I cared.
I wish I had loved you with actions,
In the fun times, we should have shared.

I wish you are looking down from heaven,
And can see the heavy burden I’m carrying.
Can you feel the pain in my tears of regret?
Can you hear my words I’ve been praying?

I wish you knew the hole you have left,
Now that a part of my heart is missing.
Did you know how much I loved you?
And all the things you’ve left me wishing?

No comments:

Post a Comment