I Can't Remember, But I'll Never Forget...

I can’t remember the color of your eyes,
I’ll never forget the smell of your perfume.
I don’t recall exactly how tall you were,
But I remember how you lit up a room.

I can’t remember the feel of your touch,
I know your love from the times we spent.
You were always there, ready to listen,
When I was angry and needed to vent.

I can’t remember what you looked like,
So I’m grateful for the photos we took.
When I’m sad and I need you with me,
I feel your presence with just one look.

I can’t remember every gift you gave,
Or all the sacrifices you had to make.
But I’ll never forget how much you cared,
Every choice that you made for my sake.
I can’t remember the year you passed,
Or where I was on the day you died.
But I’ll never forget how my heart felt,
And how long I broke down and cried.

I can’t remember every memory we shared,
But I’ll never forget that each was special.
For every birthday or Christmas day,
Spending it with you was always crucial.

I can’t remember any time since,
At the special celebrations we share,
That I don’t look at your photo and cry,
And wish you could have been there.

I will never forget your loving smile,
Or how special you made me feel.
It’s not fair you went home so soon,
My life without you just doesn’t feel real…

No comments:

Post a Comment