Life is like a Garden



 I live in God’s Garden -
I am sometimes green or brown.
But with God as my Gardener,
I know I won’t be cut down.

God keeps me watered, He keeps me fed,
He prunes my weeds of sin.
He maintains my flowerbed of friends,
That purifies me from within.

He allows my soil to be tossed,
And feeds me such rich compost.
He knows everything I need,
To restore the things I’ve lost.

The weeds of sin keep showing,
They creep in unawares.
But I try to give out lots of seeds,
And keep diligent in my prayers.

In winter times, when things look bleak,
My roots grow sure and steadfast.
They stretch for God's water to seek,
That helps me grow to last.

God feeds me just the right manure,
To fertilise my roots.
So when life is hard, I must endure.
For it helps to grow good fruits.

I’m glad that God’s my gardener,
Who tends me with such care.
I trust Him when He prunes my life,
And for the beauty I have to share.

When seasons come, and seasons go,
I can be sure of one great thing -
With God as my great Gardener,
I can withstand all that life may bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment